GeoRSPO is an interactive mapping platform developed in partnership with the World Resources Institute (WRI). It features concession maps submitted by RSPO grower members as well as processor and trader members, a mandatory requirement to secure RSPO Certification that promotes transparency in plantation concession boundaries.
GeoRSPO lets users view the following information regarding RSPO members’ concessions:
- Group name
- Company name
- Plantation name
- Certification status
- Concession boundary
The platform also features powerful analytical tools for statistical and geospatial analyses. You can also view data layers such as:
- Integrated preliminary deforestation detection
- Tree cover loss, gain and density
- Climate data (air quality, green house index)
- Recent high resolution satellite imageries
Data in GeoRSPO:
- The concession and mill data displayed is collected from previous Annual Communications of Progress (ACOP) submissions, direct updates with the Geographic Information System (GIS) Unit, membership applications, the certification process, the Remediation and Compensation Procedure (RaCP) and the New Planting Procedure (NPP) submission.
- The Malaysian and Indonesian governments have confirmed that there are no legal constraints preventing RSPO from publishing its members’ concession boundaries.
- Maps published on GeoRSPO cover all RSPO Member concessions globally.
- Downloadable geospatial data:
In our commitment to transparency and accountability, we will continue to add relevant map layers and other features to the platform on an ongoing basis. Please take note that these external datasets/maps are to be used as a guidance only.