RISK MANAGEMENT & MONITORING MANAGER
LOCATION OF POSITION
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Risk Management & Monitoring Manager shall develop and institute a transparent and robust system for monitoring quality of compliance to RSPO standards, procedures and systems, and manage the implementation of all aspects of monitoring, including developing relevant procedures, frameworks, processes and tools to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report risks based on a risk management approach.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible to
- Develop and execute monitoring plans
- Develop and establish robust procedures, frameworks and/or systems for ‘reactive’ monitoring and reporting on:
- Compliance of ‘RSPO Respondents’
- Specific investigation (field and/or desktop) as and when required
- RSPO members’ adherence to required procedures
- Develop and establish robust and comprehensive ‘proactive’ monitoring and reporting framework and/or systems on:
- Risk-based monitoring of key areas in alignment with the Quality Management System of the RSPO
- Risk identification and evaluation related to RSPO,
- Report or referral process and procedure of any high risks profile/case/trends
- Potential risks associated with underperforming or non-performing assessors or auditors
- Ensure effective implementation of developed ‘reactive’ and ‘proactive’ monitoring and reporting procedures, and framework through close collaboration with the GIS and Investigation desks.
- Lead the process for developing relevant risk policies and procedures. Key activities of the risk management function should include:
- Continuously assessing and/or measuring RSPO’s exposure to identified risks (vice versa) and related responsibilities and responses required
- Establishing and implementing an early warning/trigger system and ensuing procedures
- Influencing and proposing appropriate risk mitigation actions
- Assist the COO to coordinate activities by the internal Crisis Response Team (CRT).
- Develop and maintain links with the RSPO membership to assist in developing functional risks specifications and identifications.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
Minimum a Bachelors’ degree in any discipline
Preferably with at least 5 years of experience in audit and/or risk management
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Expertise in compliance, risk management and/or audit functions
- Good understanding of compliance principles and best ethical practices
- Experience in reviewing, developing, assessing and documenting internal processes, controls and templates
- Working knowledge of environmental and/or social issues
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and be able to interact with diverse stakeholders
- Proficiency in English with good communication skills
- Ability in establishing cooperation and rapport with internal and external parties of different backgrounds and/or nationalities
- Conscientious and willing to take responsibility
- High integrity and a good team player
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with a highly lucrative remuneration package. Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited send in their most updated CV giving comprehensive details of education with emphasis on related achievements to firstname.lastname@example.org.