The Standard Standing Committee (SSC) is one of the four RSPO Standing Committees established on a permanent basis, to analyse issues within its area of jurisdiction and to make recommendations to the RSPO Board of Governors (BoG).
It was established to provide the direction and to contribute to RSPO’s Standard settings via a Terms of Reference (ToR) and work programmes of the RSPO Secretariat. It includes, but not limited to, the development and/or revision of normative and relevant guidance documents.
- Identify gaps or grey areas within the RSPO Principles and Criteria (P&C) and Indicators that require clarification for the ease of practical applicability for RSPO members;
- Ensure that the interpretation of the Criteria, Indicators, and Guidance for various socio-environmental conditions under which palm oil is produced, are clear and concise, without compromising the P&C, and the definition of certified sustainable palm oil;
- Provide clarity concerning RSPO’s standards for its members, when needed;
- Ensure the realisation of the RSPO’s Theory of Change strategic goals.
* final structure to be determined