In 2018, RSPO Board of Governors (BoG) endorsed the RSPO Theory of Change (ToC) with the overall vision of making sustainable palm oil the norm.
In March 2019, the RSPO BoG subsequently endorsed the RSPO Governance Review for ‘Reorganisation of Standing Committees, Task Forces and Working Groups’. The Assurance Standing Committee (ASC) was established to provide direction in contributing to the credibility and accountability of the RSPO Assurance System.
- To oversee and provide necessary recommendations and/or guidance to the implementation of the RSPO standards;
- To develop and institute a transparent and robust system for monitoring the quality of assessment;
- To identify all necessary actions to ensure robust assessment, verification and certification against the RSPO standards, including the outputs as identified in Annex 1;
- To institute a transparent approach to enhancing the quality of RSPO assurance systems
- To identify the relevant stakeholders required to deliver the identified actions.