The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its members and staff. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and guide us through the next phase of our development.
The Head of Technical is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the activities carried out by the regional technical teams to ensure the delivery of real-time support to the RSPO members and other stakeholders to achieve RSPO’s mission of transforming the market to make sustainable palm oil the norm.
The Head of Technical is also responsible for overseeing the quality of training conducted by RSPO-endorsed trainers and ensuring the contents of the various training courses for lead auditors are up to date and relevant to fulfilling RSPO´s mission.
The Head of Technical runs the technical assistance program that helps bridge the gap between the Assurance and Standards divisions.
The location of this role is Malaysia.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of the regional technical teams.
- Provide feedback to the Technical Director on specific technical assistance needs for each region where RSPO operates.
- Organize and conduct workshops, training, and other activities to provide technical assistance to RSPO members in coordination with the Assurance and Standards teams.
- Develop technical content for the RSPO sustainability college and other platforms used by the RSPO to scale up technical support to members.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of RSPO-supported training for lead auditor training and ensure the quality of courses delivered by RSPO-accredited trainers.
- Oversee the performance of the technical assistance unit staff and ensure they have adequate resources to deliver high-quality work.
- Develop and maintain a Learning Management System that hosts the training materials and resources for lead auditor RSPO-endorsed courses.
- Develop a work plan and operational budget for the Technical Division.
- Monitor budget execution for the Technical Division according to the Secretariat standard operation procedures.
- Represent the RSPO at relevant forums and technical meetings as required.
- Complying with the activities assigned to the Head of Technical in the RSPO operational plan (2021-2025).
- Other reasonable strategic and management-level inputs to support the operations of the Secretariat.
Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- BA/BSc and MA/MSc in related field
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience of which 5 should be in a Management role.
Technical and Professional Knowledge
- Knowledge of the palm oil sustainability standards schemes (e.g.RSPO, MSPO, ISPO, etc.)
- Knowledge of learning management platforms.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge in pedagogy and capacity building mechanisms.
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiasms for learning
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with different stakeholders
- High integrity and a good team player
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to manage a team under pressure
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited to send in their updated CV giving comprehensive details of educational background, work experience, and related achievements to [email protected]. Please state “Job Application – Head, Technical” in your email subject line.
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.