In 2018, RSPO Board of Governors (BoG) endorsed the RSPO Theory of Change (ToC) with the overall vision of making sustainable palm oil the norm.
In March 2019, the RSPO BoG subsequently endorsed the RSPO Governance Review for ‘Reorganisation of Standing Committees, Task Forces and Working Groups’, where the Smallholder Standing Committee was established.
- To oversee the execution of the RSPO Smallholder Strategy and for the RSPO Secretariat to lead the implementation of the planned activities;
- To make decisions throughout the implementation of the Smallholder Strategy and to ensure that the guiding principles are respected in the decision making;
- To form one (or more) Working Group(s) or Task Force(s) to be responsible for delivering a specific output of the Smallholder Strategy. These subgroups will report back to the SHSC and where appropriate, the Standing Committee will evaluate and decide on the recommendations of the working group(s);
- To monitor the overall budget for the implementation of the Smallholder Strategy;
- To report to the BoG on matters concerning smallholders.
* final structure to be determined