The RSPO is recruiting for a new position as Green House Gas Manager to support the organisation’s technical activities related to greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in cultivation of oil palm and the downstream palm oil industries. The position holder will play a role in technical and coordination by reporting to the Technical Director (TD). He/ She will function as a link between the RSPO Secretariat and other relevant internal establishment such GHGWG and work closely with external parties working on the same subject matter.
The position will be based at the RSPO Secretariat Office in Kuala Lumpur.
I. Areas of Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the RSPO Technical Director, the position holder will be
- Be a Focal point for GHG-related issues in the RSPO for internal and external stakeholders. This will include regular report back on WG activities, discussion and meetings to the Secretariat/TD; sharing updates on Secretariat and other working group activities with the GHGWG; representing the RSPO at selected GHG-related events or fora.
- Coordinate meetings and other activities of internal establishment (such as the GHGWG). This will include arranging meetings and related logistics; reporting on meetings to the Secretariat / Technical Director; coordinating work undertaken by group or selected external parties on behalf of the RSPO.
- Advise the Secretariat/Technical Director on emerging GHG-related issues, events and research relevant to oil palm sector for their consideration. This will involve communicating the Secretariat needs to the RSPO internal establishment (e.g. GHGWG) and other relevant experts for their consideration; and raising emerging issues and recommendations to the Secretariat/Technical Director based on the feedbacks made by the group.
- Implement selected projects as approved by the Secretariat/EB, particularly the IPAM Internal Programme’s ‘Building Bridges Between Commodity Roundtable and REDD+ project’ (IPAM Project). These may include production of technical documents, presentations and other required outputs as well as technical and financial monitoring of the project.
II. The ideal candidate has:
- Advanced degree in Environmental, Engineering or Agricultural Sciences or GHG related field.
- At least 5 years experiences in the oil palm industry or sustainability programs in the corporate sector.
- Good writing and oral communication skills in English and Bahasa and competence in technical issues relating to GHG emissions and LCA are pre-requisites.
- Meticulous in record keeping.
- Diplomatic in approaching stakeholder for information.
- Able to work with RSPO Secretariat teams and diverse stakeholders including businesses, government bodies, research institutions and non- governmental organisations.
- Ability to relate with both corporate and local community culture and management realities.
- Willing to learn and a quick learner
- Good teamwork/ team player
3. Reporting Line
- The Position Holder shall report directly to the Technical Director based in Kuala Lumpur or Jakarta and travel extensively throughout the region, with occasional inter-continental trips.
Please submit a CV and cover letter to [email protected] before 20th January 2012. A competitive remuneration package will be offered, to commensurate with experience.
Kindly include indicative salary expectation. Additional documentation about the job can be provided upon request.
Stakeholders are also welcome to suggest candidate names which the RSPO could approach. Please provide details of qualifications of suggested candidates.
|Advertised_GHG Manager_21122011_letter head.pdf||162.29 KB|