Notice is hereby given that the 13th General Assembly (GA13) of members of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) will be held at the Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand on Thursday, 10 November 2016 at 1500 hours (GMT +7) for the following purposes:
1. Members’ roll call.
2. Opening Address by the RSPO Chairperson.
3. Report presented by the RSPO Chairperson.
4. Confirmation of minutes for the last General Assembly (GA12) held on 19 November 2015
- Minutes: https://rspo.org/wp-content/uploads/GA12DraftMinutes.pdf
- Attendance List: https://rspo.org/wp-content/uploads/GA12AttendanceList.pdf
5. To receive and adopt the Treasurer’s Report and the RSPO’s Financial Statement for the year ended 30 June 2016.
- Treasurer’s Report: https://rspo.org/wp-content/uploads/Treasurers_report_2016.pdf
- Financial Accounts:https://rspo.org/wp-content/uploads/RSPO_Financial_Statements_30_Jun_2016.pdf
To confirm the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers as the auditors of the RSPO for the financial year ending 30 June 2017.
Resolution to Adopt “Non-discriminatory entitlement and responsibility for RSPO members under a specific sector or membership category”
Download resolution GA13-6b at –
Resolution to adopt "No change of key documents for fixed period of time"
Download resolution GA13-6c at -
Assuring effectively planned, implemented and monitored compensation projects in “remediation and compensation procedure” of the RSPO
Download resolution GA13-6d at -
Protecting human rights defenders, whistleblowers, complainants and community spokespersons
Download resolution GA-136e at
Resolution to review and amendment of the updated New Planting Procedure process as applied to smallholders
Download resolution GA13-6f at -
Temporary exemption from the RSPO New Planting Procedure for Smallholders
Download resolution GA13-6g at -
Suspension of the RSPO Management System Requirements and Guidance for Group Certification of FFB Production
Download resolution GA13-6h at -
7. Election of Board of Governors for the following categories:
- Oil Palm Growers:
- FELDA is retiring and available for re-election. There will be no election and FELDA will serve another term as no other nominations have been received.
Rest of the World
- Agropalma is retiring and is not available for re-election. Nominations were received from SIPEF and Agrocaribe. Election among the Oil Palm Growers – Rest of the World sub-sector will therefore be held and only members in the sub-sector are eligible to vote.
- Bio data of the nominees can be downloaded at: https://rspo.org/wp-content/uploads/GA13Nominations_OPG-ROW.pdf
- Processors and/or Traders:
- AAK AB is retiring and available for re-election. One nomination was received from Industrial Danec S.A.. Election among the Processors and/or Traders sector will therefore be held and only members in this sector are eligible to vote.
- Bio data of the nominees can be downloaded at: https://rspo.org/wp-content/uploads/GA13Nominations_PnT.pdf
- Consumer Goods Manufacturers:
- Mondelez International is retiring and available for re-election. There will be no election and Mondelez International will serve another term as no other nominations have been received.
- Retailers Palm Oil Group is retiring and available for re-election. There will be no election and Retailers Palm Oil Group will serve another term as no other nominations have been received.
- Banks & Investors:
- Rabobank is retiring and available for re-election. There will be no election and Rabobank will serve another term as no other nominations have been received.
- Environmental NGOs:
- WWF International is retiring and is available for re-election. One nomination was received from Fauna & Flora International. Election among the Environmental NGOs sector will therefore be held and only members in the sector are eligible to vote.
- Bio data of the nominees can be downloaded at: https://rspo.org/wp-content/uploads/GA13Nominations_eNGO.pdf
- Social NGOs
- Both ENDS is retiring and available for re-election. There will be no election and Both ENDS will serve another term as no other nominations have been received.
8. Any other business
Chairperson - Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil
7 October 2016
(I) IMPORTANT DATES
|GA Online Registration Starts||10 October 2016, 0000 hours (GMT+7)|
|GA Online Registration Ends||6 November 2016, 2400 hours (GMT+7)|
|Casting of E-Vote &
Submission of Proxy Forms End
|8 November 2016, 1500 hours (GMT+7)|
|Collection of Ballot Papers Starts||10 November 2016, 1400 hours (GMT+7)|
|General Assembly Convenes||10 November 2016, 1500 hours (GMT+7)|
(II) PHYSICAL VOTING
Please ensure you are able to attend the GA in person on 10 November 2016. Kindly bring your confirmation of registration to expedite the collection of ballot papers.
GA registration will open on 10 October 2016, 0000 hours (GMT+7) and can be submitted online at http://www.rt14.rspo.org/ga13/ A member may choose to E-Vote by selecting the e-voting option on the online GA registration form. Upon submission you will receive an email confirmation of your registration and instruction to access the e-voting portal.
Please DO NOT forget to cast your vote. Once registered to E-vote, you cannot then choose to vote physically or by proxy.
Should you still wish to attend the GA proceedings after casting your e-vote, kindly bring your confirmation of registration to collect your E-Voter pass.
For all ordinary members who will not be attending the General Assembly, please appoint a proxy and duly complete the proxy form. It is downloadable athttps://rspo.org/wp-content/uploads/GA13ProxyForm.docx
All proxy forms must reach the Secretariat office in Kuala Lumpur either by fax (+603 2302 1542) or email ([email protected]) by 8 November 2016, 1500 hours (GMT+7).
Proxy holders must be physically present at the GA to exercise the vote.
(V) IDENTIFICATION VERIFICATION PROCESS
In line with best practices RSPO will carry out an identification verification process of its members, member’s representatives and proxy holders attending on behalf of a member (“Attendees”) during registration and collection of ballot papers at the General Assembly (GA).
Kindly take note that all Attendees must produce a national identification document or passport for verification purposes. An Attendee of the GA who fails and/or refuses to produce the relevant documentation will be ineligible to vote at the GA.