Date: 14 March 2017 - 16 March 2017
Location: Kuala Lumpur
RSPO is organizing a 3-day workshop including field visit for growers that would like to know more about the RSPO compliancy in relation to Carbon, Greenhouse Gases and Peatlands. The workshop will be held from 15th- 16th March 2017 at Kuala Lumpur followed by field visit on 17th March (venues to be confirmed). This training is co-organised and supported by Wetlands International (WI), and with support from the RSPO Emission Reduction Working Group (ERWG).
There will be no registration fee or training fee. The workshop will be conducted in English. Due to a limitation in space, please be informed that only 2 persons are allowed from the same organization/company. The maximum number of participants is kept at 30 persons to be able to manage the training effectively. Admission will be based on order of registration.
The brief agenda for the workshop:
Day 1, 15th March 2017 (Wednesday)
- RSPO P&C (2013) in relation to GHG & Peat
- RSPO PalmGHG Calculator
- Grower Experience: GHG emissions monitoring and reporting using palmGHG calculator
- RSPO GHG Assessment Procedure for New Plantings
Day 2, 16th March 2017 (Thursday)
- Introduction to RSPO Manuals on BMPs (Peat)
- Grower Experience: Management regime and challenges of Oil Palm cultivation on peat
- Training on peat identification and measurement, water management system, drainability assessment and fire prevention
[Tentative] Day 3, 17th March 2017 (Friday)
- Field visit and field training (based on site availability)
- Feedback session
For registration and more details on this workshop, please contact [email protected] by 03 March 2017, 5pm (UTC+08:00).