The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) has been working with environment focused organisations and youth ambassadors around the world to mobilise and encourage young people to help raise awareness of sustainable palm oil, biodiversity and environmental protection and sustainable lifestyles. The RSPO and the existing networks of youth ambassadors are looking for young, sustainability leaders to join the movement.
RSPO has been working with partners to support youth groups to develop impact projects relevant to sustainability and biodiversity conservation. We are looking for new impactful projects to raise awareness about environmental protection and biodiversity conservation that help educated consumers, companies and policy makers to better understand the demand for sustainable consumption and lifestyle, including the use of sustainable palm oil.
Now, we are calling for the best impact projects that have been finished or started since August 2019. We will organise a global competition in August 2021 to provide opportunities to young people from around the world to present their good projects to a jury panel! The three winning projects will have a chance to present at global events and will also be eligible for seed-funding of USD 3000 in total to scale up and/or improve the project.
- 16 – 30 years old with a good command of the English language
- Awareness of sustainable palm oil, biodiversity, environmental protection and sustainability
- Previous experience of, and an interest in, running impact projects connected to sustainable palm oil in their communities. This can be individual or group work, completed or started after 31 July 2019
- Willingness to volunteer and speak at international platforms
- Interest in promoting sustainability and willingness to create engaging content to help engage an increasing network of young people and other stakeholders
- Submit a video (less than five minutes) highlighting the theme of your project, accomplishments and other relevant information related to the impact on your community, including actions related to the awareness of sustainable palm oil
- The three winning projects will be eligible for seed-funding if the idea is implemented by March 2022 as per terms and conditions of the RSPO, which will be announced in due course
Submissions will be assessed as per the following primary criteria: innovation and creativity, outreach, scalability, impact on communities, project outcomes and quality of the video.
20 successful submissions will be invited to join a global virtual competition in late August 2021.
Please complete form: https://forms.gle/hJPVKr5f9KUs5KhC
Submission Deadline: 8 August 2021
The successful submissions will be announced by 20 August 2021
View Terms & Conditions