RSPO Biodiversity & High Conservation Values Working Group (BHCVWG)
The RSPO BHCVWG is calling for representation from the following stakeholder groups.
- Environmental Non-profit organisation (ENGO)
- Social Non-profit Organisation (SNGO)
The BHCVWG will oversee efforts to reach the following overarching objectives or strategically important tasks:
- Identify biodiversity and ecosystem services, including related social and cultural values impacted by the production, processing, procurement and use of sustainable palm oil products.
- Support the development of new or revised “practical sustainability standards” that address biodiversity, ecosystem services and social and cultural values on plantation landscapes.
- Provide technical input for the elaboration of pragmatic guidelines to support the application of the above “practical sustainability standards,” particularly at critical stages in the development of new plantations.
- Support the RSPO in the application of the HCV framework by screening, reviewing and improving the assessment process.
- Provide technical advice to the RSPO Secretariat upon request.
The next meeting will be held from 19 -22 August 2014 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. If you would like to join the working group (WG) or have questions related to the WG, kindly contact Ms Soo Chin ([email protected]) for further information. The terms of reference can be downloaded here. The call for participation closes on 31st May 2014.