The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has over 5,200 members from 102 countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers, banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its members and staff. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and guide us through the next phase of our development.
The purpose of this position is to develop and implement organisation-wide development programmes for RSPO employees with the objective to build RSPO capabilities towards becoming the industry leader in sustainable palm oil industry and to promote an engaged workforce through effective L&D, employee engagement and talent management initiatives.
The location of this role is Malaysia.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Learning & Development (L&D)
- Plan, develop, implement and administer impactful learning &development programmes for employees based on training needs analysis
- Identify and define the core competencies to be displayed by every RSPO employees that are in alignment with organizational values and integrate into L&D programmes and all other HR processes
- Explore and propose other learning & development strategies, systems or tools to be implemented that are beneficial for employees’ career development in RSPO
Talent Management & Succession Planning
- Plan, develop, implement and administer RSPO Succession Planning framework/ processes for leadership team (Directors and HODs) and high potentials
- Conduct talent review (profiling, assessment etc.) on leadership team and high potential talents (HiPOs) and recommend areas for development
- Follow through on individual development plan for HiPOs to build internal talent pool ready for career advancement within RSPO
- Collaborate with leaders to develop their team members through career mapping/pathing
- Implement annual employee engagement survey (EES), or regular pulse checks as required, for RSPO and follow through on engagement action plans to improve EES score
- Plan and implement regular social activities to build networking among employees and promote a fun and inclusive work environment
- Prepare quarterly HR Newsletters to keep employees informed and engaged on latest people initiatives
- Act as project manager for the implementation of OD initiatives with external consultants including administrative matters such as preparing terms of reference (TOR), procurement and payment
- Propose continuous improvement in current career development practices and processes
- Manage OD budget
Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
Minimum degree in human resources, psychology or equivalent
5-10 years of experience in the related field
Technical and Professional Knowledge
- Fundamental HR knowledge in learning & development, talent management and employee engagement
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices
- Experience in project management and budgeting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint)
- Results oriented
- High integrity and a good team player
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with different stakeholders
- Good communication skills
- Ability in establishing cooperation and rapport with internal and external parties of different backgrounds and seniority
- Strong strategic and coordination skills
- Conscientious and proactively to take responsibility
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited to send in their updated CV giving comprehensive details of educational background, work experience, and related achievements to [email protected]. Please state “Job Application – Senior Manager, Organisational Development” in your email subject line.
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.