The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has over 5,000 members from 101 countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers, banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its members and staff. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and guide us through the next phase of our development.
The Capacity Development Manager (CDM) will be responsible for the development, administration and evaluation of training programmes targeted at improving members’ capacity to fulfill RSPO requirements, and strengthening accountability to make sustainable palm oil the norm. The CDM manages capacity building for service providers endorsed or registered with the RSPO to ensure the effective delivery of services. This position creatively designs and implements effective methods to keep all service providers, including Certification Bodies (CBs), up to date with RSPO requirements to improve the quality and delivery of services. Finally, the CDM ensures that all training programmes deliver the intended outputs and outcomes as outlined in the RSPO Theory of Change.
The location of this role is Malaysia.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
- To evaluate RSPO members’ and all service providers’ (including CBs) understanding of RSPO requirements and areas for improvement.
- To identify training needs and develop training programmes for RSPO members and service providers to ensure accountability and increased capacity, as well as credibility of the RSPO.
- To develop and periodically review and update RSPO training materials, determining appropriateness and relevance to all or any changes to the RSPO requirements, standards and systems.
- Evaluate the performance and methodologies of current instructors/service providers whilst providing recommendations for improving methods and training approaches.
- To map out annual training schedules and plans, and to socialise these plans with relevant stakeholders.
- To develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness, success and return on investment of the trainings periodically, and report on them.
- To build partnerships and cooperate with external like-minded stakeholders (i.e. training institutions, government agencies, universities), to ensure the training reflects local realities.
- To collaborate with other departments (e.g. Assurance, Standards Development, etc.) to design training modules for RSPO members and service providers to improve understanding of RSPO requirements.
- To develop and manage web-based platforms and delivery tools that ensure efficient and cost- effective training delivery.
- To ensure all logistics are organised including but not limited to information technology, equipment and course enrolment.
- Manage costs/budgets for all programmes, productions, and publications in order to report to the relevant stakeholders regarding a return on investment.
- To develop a communication strategy plan to ensure that training programmes and socialisation/marketing materials are communicated in a timely manner and outcomes are reported to internal and external stakeholders.
Apart from the tasks stated above, to perform any duty/duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- Minimum Bachelor's degree, preferably a Master’s degree or higher.
- Significant work experience in the training and/or capacity building sector or other similar roles.
TECHNICAL & PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- Track records in designing and executing successful training programmes
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (monitoring, coaching etc)
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to plan establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with different stakeholders.
- Proficiency in English with good communication skills
- Ability to establish cooperation and rapport with internal and external parties of different background and/or nationalities.
- High integrity and good team player
- Goal oriented and organized
- Self- motivated and self- directed
- Ability to manage a team under pressure
- Strong in strategic and negotiation skills
- Sense of pride and ownership in own performance and its impacts on the organisation success
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities..
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited to send in their updated CV giving comprehensive details of educational background, work experience, and related achievements to [email protected]
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.