The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its members and staff. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and guide us through the next phase of our development.
The Manager, Stakeholder Engagement, Indonesia is responsible for supporting the engagement of RSPO stakeholders and related communications primarily across the archipelago. The Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing stakeholder engagement activities, and ensuring that engagement work is aligned with the strategy and objectives of the Stakeholder Engagement Unit, Division, Indonesia country office, and the organisation as a whole. Work will be focused on, but not limited to engagement with NGOs and CSOs, banks and financial institutions, research institutions, intergovernmental organizations and multi-stakeholder platforms and alliances.
The purpose of this work will be to create an enabling environment that helps bring in growers, buyers, investors, and partners to participate in the sustainable palm oil sector, with the ultimate goal of making sustainable palm oil the norm.
The location of this role is Jakarta, Indonesia.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
- Develop and implement strategically relevant stakeholder engagement activities. Provide regular and detailed input to the Stakeholder Engagement and Communications Division to ensure coordination across both the division and broader geographic region.
- Coordinate closely with the Head of Stakeholder Engagement and Deputy Director, Indonesia to ensure that stakeholder engagement work is closely aligned with and directly supports the Indonesia country strategy and Market Transformation strategy.
- Work with members, multi-stakeholder initiatives, international governmental organisations, and non-governmental organisations to maximise the impact of the efforts of RSPO in Indonesia.
- Build and maintain political, civil society, NGO and industry relationships, to secure formal working partnerships on critical issues.
- Engage financial institutions to promote the role and value of certification in managing investments and encourage members to support policy development related to sustainable financing.
- Coordinate and support planning and implementation of stakeholder engagement campaigns to promote awareness of sustainable palm oil, and the uptake of RSPO certified sustainable palm oil (CSPO) in Indonesia.
- Support in responding to general enquiries from members, potential members and media in Indonesia.
- Support other teams across the APAC region with relevant communication elements for the organisation of regional roadshows and workshops to strengthen stakeholder engagement.
- Expand and further cultivate influential youth organizations and communities, third party endorsers, advocates & champions for smallholders.
- Liaise between the global communications team and the Indonesian office for matters related to internal and external communications.
Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, international development or related fields
- Minimum eight years professional working experience, with sound experience in Stakeholder Management, Corporate Sustainability, Business Development, Communications, Membership Organisations, and/or Multi-Stakeholder Platforms
- Existing network in and knowledge of the Indonesian palm oil sector, including key actors from various stakeholder groups
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
Technical and Professional Knowledge
- Able to work comfortably in a multicultural, multi-stakeholder, international environment
- Able to effectively communicate cross-culturally in a sensitive manner
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and G-Suite applications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with a variety of different stakeholders
- Professional fluency in English with excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in additional languages is highly desirable
- Ability to establish cooperation and rapport with internal and external parties of different backgrounds and/or nationalities
- Guided by a strong sense of ethics
- Goal oriented team player
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited to send in their updated CV giving comprehensive details of educational background, work experience, and related achievements to [email protected] Please state “Job Application – Manager, Stakeholder Engagement (Indonesia)” in your email subject line..
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.