The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its people. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and guide us through the next phases of our development.
Reporting to the Head of Smallholder Unit, The Thailand Smallholder Programme Manager will be supporting the Head for day-to-day operation in meeting the objectives of the RSPO Smallholder Strategy and Operational Plan by taking the lead in providing support for the inclusion of Thailand smallholders in the RSPO supply chain.
The location of this role is Thailand.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
- Lead on and provide assistance to stakeholders in Thailand towards understanding and implementing the RSPO Standards and related certification processes for smallholders.
- Be the RSPO’s focal point for all smallholder related matters in Thailand, and act as a liaison between stakeholders in the region and the other departments internally to ensure timely delivery of services for smallholders.
- Proactively facilitate the formation of and/or to engage existing smallholder groups, and bring them into the RSPO fold.
- Proactively and continually provide technical support to smallholders to further the RSPO’s objectives to improve livelihood, attain certification and widen market access.
- Implement the workplan of the RSPO Smallholder Trainer Academy and its related activities in Thailand.
- Assist in the development and implementation of relevant organisational activities i.e. road shows, workshops etc. in the region.
- Manage and monitor the implementation of RSPO funded smallholder projects in Thailand.
- Proactively involve in the preparation, documentation and representation of smallholder unit for the multistakehoder process (working groups, standing committee, Roundtables, global events, task force etc)
Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
Minimum Bachelor degree in the field of Environmental Science/Management, Agronomy, Forestry, Socio-environmental science or related majors.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience within the sustainability sphere related to oil palm or other agricultural commodities.
Technical and Professional Knowledge
- Familiar with the knowledge of the oil palm sector in Thailand and knowledge of agricultural commodity certification, including smallholder inclusion issues.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and maintain effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) or G-suites
- Proficiency in English and Thai is a must with good communication skill and ability in establishing cooperation and rapport with internal and external parties particularly with smallholders
- Conscientious and willing to take responsibility.
- High integrity and a good team player.
- Goal oriented and organized
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work under pressure
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the
opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited to send in their updated CV giving comprehensive details of educational background, work experience, and related achievements to [email protected] Please state “Job Application – Manager, Smallholder (Thailand)” in your email subject line.
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.