The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its members and staff. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and guide us through the next phase of our development.
The Manager, Smallholder (RSSF) holds specific responsibilities for coordinating the RSPO Smallholder Support Fund (RSSF), but will be responsible for providing support on communication, coordination and work closely with all smallholder regional representatives, Finance Department and IT/data management for the successful implementation of smallholder programs.
The location of this role is Malaysia.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
- Coordinate all aspects of RSSF management, planning and processing, including fund applications, approvals and disbursements, including financial and impact reporting.
- Specifically, to act as the focal point for communication and services with recipients of RSSF funding and applicants, together with management of the RSSF database in Salesforce.
- Monitor progress and performance of projects funded by RSSF, in accordance with agreed procedures and RSSF governance policy.
- Develop strategies to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the RSSF system and its governance to meet timely deliberation oriented towards smallholder involvement.
- Develop a structured data collection framework to gather data on smallholders, in coordination with the relevant internal stakeholders. Develop intelligence from the data to assess the effectiveness and impact of smallholder programs; and to support the implementation of the smallholder programs.
- Coordinate across the Secretariat on communication and engagement strategies, including training, to support the implementation of smallholder programs, including RSSF.
- Support Head of Smallholder Program to identify external funding sources for smallholder program investment
- Work together with the Impact and Communication team to articulate strong impact measurement building on the RSSF success narrative and strategic engagement
Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- Degree in the field of Sociology, Environmental Management or Community Development or business administration.
- A track record in grants management as it relates to compliance and reporting.
- Degree in the field of Communications or Environmental Management or Community Development or Operational Management.
- More than 4 years’ experience in managerial level in relevant organization or company.
- Working experience with smallholders is an advantage.
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Grant and project management
- Smallholder developmental agenda, including but not limited on agronomic, environmental and social, livelihood issues
- Good understanding on smallholder certification process, farming and supply chains
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and/or projects
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Project management skills, risk assessment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with different stakeholders, backgrounds and/or nationalities
- Proficiency in English with good communication skills
- High integrity and a good team player
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited to send in their updated CV giving comprehensive details of educational background, work experience, and related achievements to [email protected]. Please state “Job Application – Manager, Smallholder (RSSF)” in your email subject line.
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.