The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has 5,000 members from 101 countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers, banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its members and staff. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and guide us through the next phase of our development.
The Executive, Smallholder Livelihood Programme will assist the Manager, Smallholder Livelihood Programme in developing, managing, executing and monitoring programs and activities related to the improvement of livelihood of smallholders.
The location of this role is Malaysia.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
- Execute the routine operations of managing Smallholder Trainer Academy, including its portal
- Maintaining and updating the Smallholder Trainer Academy platform and database accordingly
- Develop a livelihood program for smallholders to address the legality issues, financial support for smallholders and to strengthen farmer groups
- Organize and develop relevant training, workshops, events, meetings and exchange learnings to build capacity and awareness raising on RSPO’s smallholder livelihood improvement program
- Ensure response to members’ inquiries on matters related to smallholders’ livelihood issues/matters is handled and responded in a timely manner
Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- Bachelor degree in any discipline.
- Background in Project Management and Community Development would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience preferably in areas relating to fund management / smallholders / project management.
- Fair understanding on environmental sustainability and the oil palm sector
TECHNICAL & PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- Smallholder developmental agenda, including but not limited on agronomic, environmental and social, livelihood issues
- Good understanding on RSPO’s Smallholder certification process, farming and supply chains
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited to send in their updated CV giving comprehensive details of educational background, work experience, and related achievements to [email protected]. Please state "Job Application – Head, Climate Change" in your email subject line.
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.