The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has 5,000 members from 101 countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers, banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its members and staff. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and guide us through the next phase of our development.
As a multi-stakeholder organisation, the RSPO relies on creating interconnectivity between civil society, business, and governments to reach its vision to make sustainable palm oil the norm, driving transformation across the sector as a whole and ensuring that impacts are delivered at scale.
RSPO standards serve as an important cornerstone of the movement in transforming markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. The RSPO secretariat is responsible for leading the multistakeholder activities involved in the development and implementation of the standards. Communicating well to and with all the stakeholders involved in the further development of the standards is crucial. The communications consultant will be primarily dedicated to leading all the communication activities in the context of the RSPO Standards Review process 2023, including both internal and external communications.
The location of this role is Malaysia.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
- Serve as the communications project manager for the duration of the Standards Review Process 2023, including the launch of the final Standards document.
- Craft an integrated communications plan based on the Standards Review project plan, including goals, target groups, channels, timeline, deliverables, persons in charge, and the launch of the 2023 Standards.
- Craft a narrative for the Standards Review process and work with the Marketing & Communications and Digital Communications teams to deploy engaging content across RSPO’s channels.
- Coordinate all the internal and external communication activities for key stakeholder groups, such as:
- Members of different committees and working groups in the Standards Review process
- Secretariat staff
- Broader stakeholders
- Other certification standards (e.g: members of ISEAL)
5. Coordinate with colleagues from other divisions globally on customised engagement with their members and stakeholders.
6. Craft all communication content in the context of the Standards Review process, including mass emails to different target groups, copy for website, announcements, social media, eNewsletter, webinars,etc.
7. Coordinate all translations with external suppliers, internal and external proof-readers and external copy editors.
8. Coordinate activities with graphic designer.
9. Work with the lead copywriter to review, edit and provide recommendations to the language/context of each of the drafts of the standard.
Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in communications, political science or in any other related fields.
- Minimum six years working experience, with sound experience in PR, Communications and / or Membership Organisations.
- Experience in a global environment working with diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Strong organisational and communication skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
TECHNICAL & PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- Proven track record in (communication) project management.
- Experience in developing and implementing communications strategies.
- Ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels.
- Proven evidence of crafting and successfully executing significant communication campaigns.
- Highly collaborative style; Excellent written, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Project Management and implementation skills to drive a variety of deliverables concurrently.
- Self-starter, able to work independently.
- Exceptional at learning on the fly.
- Fluency in English is a must with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication and cross-team project management.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to synthesise key themes and deliverables.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to be effective independently.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited to send in their updated CV giving comprehensive details of educational background, work experience, and related achievements to [email protected]. Please state "Job Application – Communications Consultant (12 months contract)" in your email subject line.
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.