The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has 5,000 members from 101 countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers, banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its members and staff. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and guide us through the next phase of our development.
To operate as a member of the Membership Team to ensure that the Membership Unit functions effectively whilst providing the necessary support to the RSPO Secretariat on all membership related issues.
The location of this role is Malaysia.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
1. To ensure adherence to all documented procedures and processes, whilst being responsible for providing good and effective responses to all member queries.
2. To work with the Acting Head/Manager, Membership to periodically review and improve the membership systems and processes, ensuring that the membership unit is consistently functioning efficiently and effectively.
3. Managing member database to ensure timeliness, completeness and accuracy of members’ information.
4. Conduct the complete process of membership applications in the course of formal membership approval process.
5. Act as an advisor to both internal and external stakeholders on membership benefits and roles
6. Assist in managing and handling membership fee collection, including invoicing and collection of fees
Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- Minimum university degree
- Minimum 1 years of experience in a membership based organisation.
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills are essential
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, with the ability to present ideas and concepts to a broad set of audiences
- Experience in managing a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience in customer relations management (CRM) software
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
- Superior communication skills, oral and written
- High integrity and a good team player
- Goal oriented and organized
- Quantitative and qualitative skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong interpersonal skills
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited to send in their updated CV giving comprehensive details of educational background, work experience, and related achievements to [email protected]. Please state “Job Application – Executive, Membership (6 months)” in your email subject line.
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.