The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation and certification standard that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we unite stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement. Our mission is to create a space where palm oil agriculture and the environment can co-exist.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its members and staff. We are committed to developing the highest standards of governance that reflect our multi-stakeholder structures and commitment to consensus-based decision-making through inclusive and participative processes.
RSPO is looking for a responsible Executive, Technical (Thailand) to support our technical Manager in a timely and professional manner. You will provide high-quality administrative and clerical assistance to top-level executives.
The Executive Technical (Thailand)’s main duties include organizing, facilitating and coordinating meetings and events, coordinating inter- and intra-departmental communications and tasks (such as website announcement, document proofreading), creating reporting, reporting, minutes taking, and updating internal databases. To be successful in this role, you should be proactive, meet deadlines and communicate effectively.
The location of this role is Thailand.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
- Coordinating the effective management of day-to-day operations
- Managing and supporting the Technical Manager (Thailand) with external meetings, including preparing materials and documentation, research, facilitation, and standing in at meetings if deemed appropriate.
- Organising meetings, booking meeting rooms, coordination with meeting invitees (internal and external).
- Taking dictation and minutes and writing them up subsequently
- Producing reports and presentations
- Working with relevant internal colleagues (inter- and intradepartmental) in finalizing documents and ensuring compliance with relevant SOP (e.g., works with Thailand team in document presentation; IT on website).
- Managing and supporting the Technical Manager (Thailand) with all procurement and finance activities (e.g., procurement requests through Salesforce).
- Managing information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintaining the filing and database system and looking for ways to improve current systems.
Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
Education & Working Experience:
- University degree in an appropriate field (business administration, non-profit management, etc.). University degree in Agricultural, Supply Chain Management, Environmental or equivalence would be advantageous.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in administration, in which minimum 1 year at the role of Admin Lead or Senior Executive.
- Experience in internet research and database management.
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company
Technical and Professional Knowledge
- Good knowledge on palm oil/industry/business, certification, and socio-environment management
- Good public communication and presentation skill
- Knowledge in Thai legal system pertaining to oil palm/crop plantation operation, social and environmental requirements.
- Good writing and communication in Thai and English
- Able to work independently with minor supervision but excellent teamwork skill
- Organized, mature and ability to engage stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, negotiation, cross-team project management and consensus-building.
- Adept to work well with all levels across the organization, including the ability to communicate across cultures and the ability to say ‘no’ effectively and without negative consequences.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and be able to interact with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work.
- Adept at proof-reading own and others’ work to eliminate errors
- Must be flexible, extremely well organized and detail-minded. Adept at follow-through, especially in the management of detail and juggling multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a member-focused support team and collaboratively deliver high-quality administration services.
- High integrity and a good team player
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited to send in their updated CV giving comprehensive details of educational background, work experience, and related achievements to [email protected]. Please state “Job Application – Executive, Technical (Thailand) ” in your email subject line.
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.