The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has over 5,200 members from 102 countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers, banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its members and staff. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and guide us through the next phase of our development.
The Manager, Smallholder Programme will be supporting the Head of Smallholder Unit for day to day operation in meeting the objectives of the Smallholder Strategy and Operational Plan in executing the overall smallholder programmatic approach globally in collaboration with the smallholder managers in the regions. Be RSPO’s focal point in addressing regional related matters, and act as a liaison between regional needs and the services sourced across division to ensure timely delivery of services for smallholders and responsive to local and regional context.
The location of this role is Malaysia or Indonesia.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
- To work with the regional offices representatives to address key risk areas and to align internal services for the RSPO Smallholder Strategy implementation.
- Ensure alignment and information exchange within countries operation to identify best practices and share lessons learned in implementing and improve understanding of the RSPO Smallholder Standards, tools and systems
- To execute certification programmatic support to regions by working together with the related divisions in delivering technical support including regular monitoring on global certification progress status, needs, feedback and updates
- Engage with key stakeholders, market and smallholder credit buyers to ensure business case for supply chain actors and other stakeholders to invest in smallholder program and supporting smallholder pathway to segregated supply
- Proactively involve in the preparation, documentation and representation in the RSPO multistakehoder process (working groups, standing committee, Roundtables, global events, task force etc)
- To support the Head of the unit in reviewing the regional budget performance for the implementation of the overall Smallholder strategy
- Facilitate access to information about RSPO smallholder program including maintaining the, smallholder database, operation of the smallholder hub and managing communication material on impact of the program distilling from the regional success stories.
- Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- Minimum Bachelor degree in any discipline; preferably in forestry or environmental science.
- Preferably with at least years of experience oil / forestry sector; involved in works related to sustainability, audits, and/or certification
TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- Familiar with sustainability certification in palm oil / forestry.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in English is a must with good communication skill ability in establishing cooperation and rapport with internal and external parties
- Conscientious and willing to take responsibility.
- High integrity and a good team player.
- Goal oriented and organized
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work under pressure
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited to send in their updated CV giving comprehensive details of educational background, work experience, and related achievements to [email protected].
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.