The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has 5,000 members from 101 countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers, banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its members and staff. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and guide us through the next phase of our development.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive and administrative support to the CEO and the Board of Governors, as well as to the Leadership Team and Human Resources department. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the office of the CEO.
The location of this role is Malaysia.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
- Assists the CEO with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments;completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiling documents for meetings.
- Communicates with staff on the CEO’s behalf and coordinates logistics for high-level meetings both internally and externally. Coordinates meetings, town halls and activities with the Leadership Team and other staff members globally.
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the CEO with Board members and senior stakeholders on matters related to governance and external relations.
- Assists the CEO and Board of Governors Co-Chairs in composing the agenda for Board meetings with a focus on presenting issues, questions, and Committee recommendations in a strategic and timely context.
- Works with Co-Chairs, CEO and Committee Leaders to create and distribute the meeting information packet.
- Attends all Board meetings and is responsible for preparing a draft of the meeting minutes.
- On behalf of the CEO, attends weekly Director meetings and submits minutes to the CEO
- Supports the CEO in external commitments and speaking engagements.
- Provides administrative oversight to the Board of Governors in coordinating Board activities and travel, including Board meetings, new member orientations; arranging travel and accommodation; processing travel reimbursement requests; and compiling and distributing Board meeting materials.
- Maintains confidential files and contact information; coordinates meetings, conferences, and events both on and off site to support the Office of the CEO.
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Leadership Team including assisting in scheduling and attending meetings. Prepares an account of meetings,designates and follows up on assigned action items.
- Provides general administrative assistance as needed to include but not be limited to answering phones, accepting packages and other deliveries, and greeting and signing in visitors/guests.
- Prioritising conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and discretely and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with a social sciences background and an interest in global issues.
- Six to 10 years working experience, including experience supporting C-suite executives, preferably in an international non-profit organisation.
- Strong organisational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- Strong business acumen with the ability to synthesise key themes and deliverables from objectives and strategies defined by senior management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, negotiation, cross-team project management and consensus-building.
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to be effective independently.
- Emotional maturity, patience, curiosity, and a sustained willingness to change one’s mind.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of service and response.
- Proven ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Fluency in English and proficiency in additional Asian language(s) is an advantage.
- Proficiency in Google Workplace (G Suite), and Microsoft Office, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; social media and meeting organisation platforms and tools; knowledge of financial management systems would be helpful.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited to send in their updated CV giving comprehensive details of educational background, work experience, and related achievements to [email protected]. Please state "Job Application – Executive, Assistant" in your email subject line.
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.