The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has 5,000 members from 101 countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers, banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its members and staff. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and guide us through the next phase of our development.
Reporting to the Manager, Decent Living Wage, the Executive, Human Rights & Social Standards (Decent Living Wage) will be responsible for supporting the development of benchmarks for RSPO in order to assist members in implementing Decent Living Wages (DLW) payment to workers in accordance with Indicator 6.2.2 of the 2018 RSPO Principles and Criteria (P&C).
The location of this role is Malaysia.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
- To assist in being the focal point of the DLW benchmarking exercise globally with the RSPO Decent Living Wage Task Force, the Standards Standing Committee, and the relevant consultants and departments within the RSPO Secretariat;
- To assist in facilitating and managing the development process of DLW Benchmarks for RSPO. This will include:
- Task Force meetings, taking minutes of meetings, following up on action points from the meetings and the activities related thereto.
- Assist the Manager in hiring local researchers; organizing and providing training to local researchers on RSPO endorsed living wage methodology.
- Compiling and maintaining database to assist monitoring and quality control in the works of the unit.
3. Assisting in the development of tools and capacity building activities and/or training for the calculation of Prevailing Wages and In-kind benefits and/or any related topics relevant to the implementation of DLW in RSPO.
Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science or Development studies, Development.
- Minimum of three years working experience in the area of living income/wage or related areas of sustainable social and economic development.
- Experience working in the palm oil industry or other agricultural commodities.
- Experience supervising, overseeing projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in project management.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- Management and leadership skills, including delivering outcomes through multi stakeholder processes.
- Solid knowledge of proper meeting management techniques.
- A good understanding of Global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and working knowledge of social issues and poverty dynamics.
- Working knowledge of environmental and/or social issues.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and with the ability to learn other software applications quickly.
- Excellent computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, and use of communication applications (Skype, Zoom, etc.)
- Knowledge of office procedures and office management technologies (including online calendars, Google and cloud systems)
- Professional knowledge in time management and resourcefulness.
- Ability to deal with statistical data is an advantage.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with different stakeholders.
- A high proficiency in English with good communication skills.
- Ability in establishing cooperation and rapport with internal and external parties of different backgrounds and/or nationalities.
- High integrity and a good team player.
- Goal-oriented and organised.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to be flexible on the implementation of projects and meet given deadlines.
- Strong strategic thinking skills and willingness to learn.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited to send in their updated CV giving comprehensive details of educational background, work experience, and related achievements to [email protected].
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.