The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has 5,000 members from 101 countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers, banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its members and staff. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and guide us through the next phase of our development.
The Standard Development Department is looking for a responsible Executive to support the Team in a timely and professional manner. They will provide high quality administrative and clerical assistance to top-level executives.
The Executive Assistant, Standards main duties include coordinating meetings and events, coordinating inter- and intra-departmental communications and tasks (such as website announcement, document proofreading/translation/design), creating reports, taking minutes, and updating internal databases. To be successful in this role, they must be proactive, meet deadlines and communicate effectively.
The location of this role is Malaysia.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
- Coordinating the effective management of day-to-day operations.
- Managing and supporting the Director with external meetings, including preparing materials and documentation, research, facilitation, and standing in at meetings if deemed appropriate.
- Organising meetings, booking meeting rooms, coordinating with meeting invitees (internal and external).
- Taking dictation, minutes and writing them down subsequently.
- Producing reports and presentations.
- Acting as the focal point in maintaining the content of the Standard Development page within the RSPO webpage. They will work closely with the IT Unit in uploading any relevant document (i.e., minutes of meetings, announcements, etc.).
- Working with relevant internal colleagues (inter and intradepartmental) in finalising documents and ensuring compliance with relevant SOP (e.g., working with the Communications Team in document proofreading; IT Unit on website).
- Managing and supporting the Director with all procurement and finance activities (e.g., procurement requests through the Salesforce platform).
- Managing information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintaining a filing and database system and looking for ways to improve current systems.
Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent field.
- Minimum of three years working experience in an administrative capacity or project management.
- Experience in Internet research and database management.
- Experience in exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information.
- Experience in and understanding of the dynamics of stakeholder engagement and process facilitation.
- Experience in organising, coordinating and facilitating events, meetings and field engaging activities.
- Experience in a multinational working environment is preferred.
TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- Management and leadership skills, including delivering outcomes through multi stakeholder processes.
- Solid knowledge of proper meeting management techniques.
- Working knowledge of environmental and/or social issues.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and with the ability to learn other software applications quickly.
- Excellent computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, and use of communication applications (Skype, Zoom, etc.).
- Knowledge of office procedures and office management technologies (including online calendars, Google and cloud systems).
- Professional knowledge in time management and resourcefulness.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, negotiation, cross-team project management and consensus-building.
- Adept at working well with all levels across the organisation, including the ability to communicate across cultures and the ability to say ‘no’ effectively and without negative consequences.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and ability to interact with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritise work.
- Adept at proofreading own and others’ work to eliminate errors.
- Must be flexible, extremely well organised and detail-oriented. Adept at following through, especially in the management of details, and multi tasking.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a member-focused support team and collaboratively deliver high quality administration services.
- High integrity and a good team player
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited to send in their updated CV giving comprehensive details of educational background, work experience, and related achievements to [email protected].
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.