The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has close to 5,000 members from 100 countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers, banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its members and staff.
The Head of Digital Communications will be a key leader within the Stakeholder Engagement Team who will lead and build a dynamic, international team to bring the organisation’s digital communications to new audiences and markets. This key function will report to the Global Director of Outreach & Engagement and will be responsible for building a new, best-in-class website and a strategic plan to optimise the full suite of digital products and services, including RSPO’s social media channels.
The location of this role is in flexible.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
- Design and implement a data-driven global digital strategy in all key languages and markets that is aligned to the RSPO’s Theory of Change
- Oversee the launch and maintenance of a new, best-in-class website to communicate the benefits of sustainable palm oil and promote the importance of RSPO as the clear certification leader.
- Support the promotion and delivery of the annual conference and a compelling thought leadership platform, as well as the development of a high level COP26 Campaign with UK Government and Commonwealth nations.
- Maintain an overview of all online communications, external-facing digital products and, social media globally, to effectively communicate position statements and prominent articles on climate, biodiversity, labour, gender and other key SDG topics.
- Use digital communications to expand and further cultivate influential third-party endorsers, advocates, and champions for causes like smallholders and other key priorities of the organisation.
- Develop and execute targeted regional and national digital communications plans for EU, Africa, Asia, US, LatAm.
- Support the global media relations strategy and regional press offices with strategic digital communications.
- Develop compelling consumer content and messaging for members to promote RSPO in their own social and marcomm channels.
- Project manage major digital projects and ensure relationships with external stakeholders and engagement with RSPO staff and audiences are managed effectively.
- Monitor new and innovative ways to present RSPO’s digital content, proposing and experimenting with ways to develop its content in line with changing digital trends and audience preferences.
- Coach, advise and share information on digital content, communications, and services with the wider organisation. Encourage and support staff and RSPO members to engage with digital communications and adopt a ‘digital first’ mindset.
- Take the lead on Google Analytics and other digital monitoring/measurement tools, ensuring that digital metrics are implemented, consistently reported and widely used across the organisation.
- Effectively build and manage a high-performing team and provide a blend of support, development, and performance management that enables individuals to work at their best.
- Manage finances in compliance with related policies and procedures.
- Effectively manage project/business performance by planning, coordinating, delivering, evaluating, and communicating as appropriate.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in a corporate communications, digital or social strategy related function.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, political science, or business is preferred.
TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- Expertise in integrated digital communications and campaign planning, including development, execution, and measurement strategies in the field of sustainable agriculture.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and re-building websites and crafting integrated, multi-channel digital strategies at a global scale; with a deep understanding of audiences and channels.
- Experience of working with C-suite level executives and proven record of building and maintaining excellent stakeholder relationships – within teams, across the business, with senior leaders and external agencies.
- Track record of successfully managing teams, and experience of showcasing and executing leadership in a multi-national, and multi-cultural scale.
- Experience working with digital / social media agencies.
- Experience and understanding of multi-cultural, multi-country/region businesses is preferred.
- Fluency in English
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited to send in their updated CV giving comprehensive details of educational background, work experience, and related achievements to [email protected]. Please state "Job Application – Head of Digital Communications" in your email subject line.
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.