The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has close to 5,000 members from 100 countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers, banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
The Manager, Procurement will report directly to the Associate Director of Finance and manage the overall coordination and evaluation of procurement for RSPO. The Manager, Procurement is responsible for negotiating and strategising with suppliers and vendors to secure the best and most cost-effective purchases, providing guidance, and ensuring that procurement policies and procedures are adhered to.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
- To provide guidance and training to all internal stakeholders to ensure they are compliant with procurement processes and controls, including vendor verification, quotation sourcing, contracting, and vendor evaluation.
- To ensure approvals for all procurements are made in accordance with procurement policies and procedures involving tenders, negotiations, and all types of contractual arrangements.
- To collaborate with internal users and project owners to understand their procurement budgets, requirements, and expected deliverables.
- To review and perform risk assessments on contracts with suppliers and vendors, and negotiate to secure contract terms advantages to RSPO.
- To implement an effective vendor management and maintain a comprehensive record of past performances and rates, and pricing reference of goods and services for future procurements.
- To monitor and evaluate ongoing contracts to ensure deliverables are met and remain feasible.
- To provide periodic reporting for management on all procurements and controls.
- Apart from duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related fields.
- At least 5 years of experience in procurement management, as a manager or officer.
- Preference will be given to those with international stakeholder management experience in a non-profit organisation
- Relevant experience in using enterprise resource planning (ERP), contract management, and other related systems.
- Preferred location is Malaysia, however, candidates from other locations with the relevant experience will be considered.
TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- Strong business acumen with the ability to implement objectives and strategies defined by senior management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication.
- Highly resourceful team player with the ability to be effective independently.
- Fluency in English and proficiency in additional Asian language(s) is an advantage.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace (G Suite), and Office 365 including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proven experience in preparing and reviewing contracts and an aptitude in negotiation.
- Ability to prioritise tasks, detail-oriented, and good organisation skills.
- Ability to establish cooperation and rapport with internal and external parties of different backgrounds and nationalities.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited to send in their updated CV giving comprehensive details of educational background, work experience, and related achievements to [email protected]. Please state "Job Application – Manager, Procurement" in your email subject line.
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.