LOCATION OF POSITION
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Biodiversity Specialist will be responsible in providing technical analysis to support activities related to biodiversity and conservation in the RSPO scheme for its operations in Indonesia. These include active support to any meetings and discussions under the Biodiversity and High Conservation Value Working Group (BHCVWG) and/or other relevant external parties.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be the focal point on biodiversity related issues for the RSPO Indonesia operations for both internal & external stakeholders.
- Actively support in facilitating and coordinating RSPO activities and initiatives in Indonesia together with the BHCVWG and RSPO HQ. This includes regular reporting on RSPO activities in Indonesia, decision support system and deliberation to the RSPO Secretariat with direct reporting to the Indonesia Country Director.
- Represent RSPO for biodiversity-related events in and outside Indonesia as requested.
- Advise the Secretariat/Indonesia Country Director and BHCVWG on emerging biodiversity-related issues, events and research relevant to palm oil sector in the Indonesian region for their decision and consideration. This involves communicating Secretariat needs to the BHCVWG and other relevant experts for their consideration; raising emerging issues and recommendations to the Secretariat/Indonesia Country Director based on BHCVWG recommendations.
- To work on relevant projects as approved or directed by the RSPO Secretariat, which includes but not limited to production of technical documents, presentation, etc.
- To maintain a good working relationship with the Biodiversity team in Kuala Lumpur, ensuring a consistent and credible assurance system for HCV and HCS and all related assessments.
- Ensure a good working relationship with all other departments / units within the Secretariat in other regions is maintained.
- Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- A Bachelors' Degree in Biodiversity Conservation, Forestry, Science or any other related field.
- Skills & Knowledge in Geospatial Analytics (GIS) is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years experience Biodiversity Conservation.
- Fair understanding on environmental sustainability and the oil palm sector.
TECHNICAL & PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- Sustainability, conservation, environment, biodiversity management in palm oil industry with strong knowledge and experiences in the Indonesian context.
- Ability to translate technical terminology into non-technical lay terms.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with different stakeholders.
- Proficiency in English & Bahasa Indonesia (Written & Spoken).
- Good communication skills in order to develop and establish cooperation and rapport with respective users and teams at working levels and of different nationalities.
- High integrity and a good team player.
- Goal oriented and organized.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with a highly lucrative remuneration package. Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited send in their most updated CV giving comprehensive details of education with emphasis on related achievements to [email protected]
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer and due to the volume of applicants only shortlisted applicants will be notified.