LOCATION OF POSITION
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive strategic plan to ensure that RSPO’s communications, stakeholder engagement and market development is strategic, coherent and global in reach, in order to strengthen the organization’s reputation and increase the uptake of RSPO-Certified Sustainable Palm Oil (CSPO)
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creating and developing annual strategic communication plans as well as policy development and/or positioning in multi-stakeholder environments.
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization and to work with the communication staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Serve as lead point person on media interactions that help promote and/or impact the organization and actively cultivate and manage press relationships to ensure coverage of issues of strategic importance to the sector.
- Develop a deep understanding of the diverse global landscape and the community organizations to enhance RSPO’s understanding of community needs regarding regulating strategies and policy oversight.
- Lead the RSPO’s "Intermediary Organisations Outreach" programmes in South East Asia, Africa and Latin America aimed at capacity building and sustainable development socialisation within local communities and grassroot NGOs in these regions.
- To build global relationships with allies and critics so that they will in due coure be able to understand the mandate and commitment of the RSPO.
- To develop and implement strategies for market development for the updake of Certified Sustainable Palm Oil.
- Oversee trademark and claims compliance, including new and ongoing intellectual property registration for RSPO trademarks globally.
- To build and lead a team promoting a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
The successful candidate must have at least 10 years of communications, outreach and market development experience, preferably in a leadership role within international multi-cultural organisations (commercial or non-profit), and covering areas such as website content, newsletters, and global multi stakeholder communications.
The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it in the right language and to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical.
WHAT'S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with a highly lucrative remuneration package. Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited send in their most updated CV giving comprehensive details of education with emphasis on related achievements to [email protected]