LOCATION OF POSITION
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The successful candidate will be responsible to advise the Secretariat / Technical Director on emerging GHG-related issues, events and research relevant to the Oil Palm sector.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will be responsible to
- Be the focal point for Green House Gases (GHG) – related issues in the RSPO for internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate meetings and other activities of internal establishment (such as technical working groups and task forces.
- Be responsible for the effective implementation of greenhouse gas emission requirements in the RSPO P&C 2013 by executing recommendations from the ERWG, coordinating related awareness and capacity building activities, and providing guidance and technical support to members and certification bodies.
- Coordinate activities for the smooth operation and uptake of the RSPO-RED scheme under the guidance of the Technical Director and the RSPO-RED TF.
- Effectively work with other RSPO Secretariat staff, particularly the Technical Team, in standard setting, system development, implementation, monitoring and improvement .
- Manage the Greenhouse Gas Executive in successfully implementing his/her tasks in overseeing the development and use of the PalmGHG calculator
- In addition to the above, implement selected projects and duties reasonably assigned by the Technical Director/Secretariat.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
You should have at least a Bachelors degree in Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management or it’s equivalent, with a minimum of 5 – 8 years working experience the field of conservation and environmental sustainability. Preferably the incumbent should have prior working experience in the plantation sector, climate change or carbon assessments.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with a highly lucrative remuneration package. Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited send in their most updated CV giving comprehensive details of education with emphasis on related achievements to [email protected]