LOCATION OF POSITION
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The successful candidate will be responsible to manage and execute RSPO community outreach and engagement activities, as outlined in the Intermediary Outreach and Engagement in Producing Countries Status Assessment and Outreach Plan prepared for RSPO, Oct 2014.
Coordinate and engage with identified stakeholders to facilitate, assist and resource intermediary organisations to undertake agreed engagement work direct with communities on-site and to provide information.
Work in close collaboration with the RSPO Complaints Panel, the Dispute Settlement Facility manager and the Small Holders manager.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Global Outreach & Engagement Director, you will be responsible for
- Identify individuals, organizations and/or governmental bodies that are influential and well-respected by the communities, to be approached for voluntary involvement in the RSPO network of intermediaries.
- Ensure local stakeholders i.e. local communities have adequate channels of communication with the RSPO as well as access to information, resources and capacity building support through these RSPO intermediaries.
- Facilitate and implement more comprehensive outreach efforts through a network of intermediaries identified from the related or affected communities within producing countries to support and assist RSPO achieving its mission.
- Reinforce relationships between this network of intermediaries and Producers, Local Government, Administrators, Community Groups, RSPO and other related organizations.
- Increase awareness among local communities of the RSPO Principles & Criteria (P&C) and its influence on RSPO Grower members and compliancy.
- Stimulate the involvement of local NGOs in the various RSPO P&C National Interpretation Processes.
- Better perspectives on RSPO and the palm oil industry on the whole in terms of environmental, social and economic impacts.
- Extent of network of intermediaries’ capacity and geographic range, inclusive of the local and indigenous communities within the area.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
You should have at least a Bachelors degree in Social Sciences or it’s equivalent, with a minimum of 6 to 8 years working experience in handling stakeholder engagement, preferably at a local, grassroots level and within the SEA region. Experience in working with International / Multi-stakeholder organisations will be an added advantage.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with a highly lucrative remuneration package. Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited send in their most updated CV giving comprehensive details of education with emphasis on related achievements to [email protected]