The Assistant Technical Manager will assist the Technical Manager in outreach activities to RSPO members in Europe.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide helpdesk support on membership, supply chain certification, and communication and claims;
- Be the liaison between members and the head office (Kuala Lumpur);
- Develop technical communication materials;
- Active technical outreach to European and National industry associations, NGOs, politicians to share information and to present at meetings;
- Schedule meetings, book meeting rooms, make travel arrangements;
- Coordinate program for National Commitments, schedule calls and meetings, take minutes;
- Feed information into the AskRSPO, RSPO Interpretation Forum, and website;
- Assist in the organization of the annual Round Table conferences in Europe;
- Update the events calendar;
- Any other duties that are reasonably assigned by the Technical Manager or his/her designate.
Desired skills and Experience
Master degree in Environmental Sciences, Biology, (Tropical) Agriculture, Conservation, International Development, or related field.
Minimum of three years of working experience in an international multistakeholder setting, preferably experience with voluntary sustainability schemes, certification, and stakeholder engagement. Knowledge of the palm oil industry or other commodities is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Result driven attitude
- Capable of engaging with the companies in a lively and active manner
- Good communicator
- Available on short notice
- Fluent in English. Italian or Spanish would be an advantage
- Work between 32 and 38h per week.
To apply, kindly please click the "Apply" button below or submit your resume directly to [email protected]