The successful incumbent will be responsible in the management of RSPO's outreach activities in China:
To Ensure that RSPO's communications is strategic and coherent whilst coordinating and engaging with stakeholders to ensure that communications meet public expectations and needs.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
1. Devising And Managing Outreach and Communications Strategy And Activities Together With The Communications Director:
- Ensure that RSPO outreach activities and communications in China is strategic, coherent and aligned with global positioning.
2. Engagement And Outreach With Key Stakeholders Within The Market Which Will Include:
- Government Agencies/Policy Makers
- Policy makers/Government representatives: to proactively allow the RSPO to have a share of voice and presence amongst key stakeholders in the market so that we are invited into key decisions or policies that would influence this sector.
- All Members
- Especially priority member companies who can help the RSPO transform the closely liaising with RSPO Member Relations Manager and RSPO Manager
- Potential Members
- To ensure that companies that have potential to drive market transformation who are not yet in the RSPO are compelled to do so over time
- NGOs and other interests groups: to build rapport with the friendly parties as well as detractors so they understand over time the mandate and commitment of the RSPO
- Media: to have an understanding of the media environment/landscape in this market and over time to cultivate good rapport with priority media titles and engagements with them.
3. Development Of Communications Materials & Platforms.
- Together with the appointed PR Company, based on market needs and understanding to develop localized materials that is relevant and helpful for the various stakeholders identified above. Some of these will include: press materials; market specific data; newsletters; fact sheets; website, etc.
- Fully leveraging existing and new digital and social media platforms
4. Deal And Coordinate With Communications Partners As And Where Necessary:
- To work closely with partners where appropriate and necessary. to ensure the intelligence that the agency has is over time transferred internally
5. Issues / Crisis Management:
- Lead and support the RSPO in identifying key areas of potential threats to the organization in the specific market and to handle these issues both pro-actively as far as possible – and reactively where necessary.
6. Promotion And Marketing Of Trademark:
- Device and deploy a marketing plan for the Trademark based on in-market conditions; ensure claims are properly used according to guidelines; outreach to consumer goods manufacturers and retailers to utilise the Trademark.
7. Speaker Platforms/Conferences:
- To identify and participate in conferences and platforms that are strategic to the RSPO mandate
- Involve membership where necessary
8. In-Market Spokesperson:
- To be the spokesperson for the RSPO with all stakeholder engagements from members; media; policy makers; conferences, etc.
- Messages should be aligned with global multi stakeholder positioning at all times
- Minimum qualification University Degree in International Relations / Mass Communication or related (equivalent degrees in other subjects will be considered)
- 12 to 15 years working experience in handling communications/stakeholder engagements
- Experience in working with International/Multi-stakeholder organisations
- Experience in the Palm Oil industry/supply chain is an advantage
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Familiar with all communication tools and functions for internal and external communications
- Communications skills are important to develop and establish cooperation and rapport with respective users and teams at working levels and of different nationalities.
- Proficiency in English and Mandarin with good communication skills.
- Strong writing skills
- Systematic and good organization skills
- High productivity
- Good understanding of online and social media platforms
- PC Literacy – (Office applications – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Explorer)