Ensure the development and advocacy of knowledge base on sustainability matters related to the RSPO standard and certification. The task will include organising, facilitating and update progress on the RSPO-technical working group in Indonesia.
- Provide support to the work of the RSPO Standard and Certification Standing Committee (S&CSC) and Trade and Traceability Standing Committee (T&TSC), which are responsible to give guidance on all matters related to P&C and supply chain certification.
- Support and keep track of technical developments related to the RSPO Principle & Criteria (P&C) and supply chain certification in Indonesia.
- Country point of contact for technical issues pertaining to RSPO standard and certification, both on RSPO P&C and supply chain certification.
- Maintain good professional relationship with RSPO accreditation body, RSPO trading platform and other relevant service providers.
- Collaborate and assist other RSPO officers to develop, fine tune and maintain information on the RSPO website.
- Provide support for RSPO members seeking certification as well as accredited certification bodies seeking advice in the conduct of certifications.
- Ensure members improve towards fulfilling the RSPO's objectives through frequent progress reporting updates.
- Develop industry thought leadership from various sources e.g. Government Agencies, Palm Oil Associations, Educational Institutions for knowledge sharing of best practices to the members and general public.
- Facilitate the RSPO awareness activities to stakeholders as well as handle queries e.g. activities for improvement, policies & regulations affecting the growth of the sustainable palm oil industry, etc.
- Contribute in the preparation of draft policies and proposals developed in terms of scope, budget, policy.
- Allocate project management support to working groups in the form of logistics coordination and secretarial services as well as ensure periodic updates across all project to multiple stakeholders.
- Implement and/or monitor technical projects in Indonesia in line with the agreed road map. Maintain close rapport with service providers to ensure timeline and deliveries are met.
- Oversee and report on progress and issues pertaining to active RSPO-technical working group in Indonesia, on regular basis to the Technical Director and Director of the Indonesia office.
- Providing technical advices in developing pilots on smallholders certification and build lesson learnt there together with the Smallholder Manager.
- Communication and engagement with relevant stakeholders, including companies, government offices, and NGOs, including strategy to reach out and communicate on the RSPO to smallholders and cooperatives in coordination with communication department.
- Support in and/or organize RSPO events that relate to standard and certification process, including training on the specific RSPO P&C and certification requirement, quick response to members’ inquiries.
- Together with the Technical Department in RSPO secretariat and Communication Manager, ensure development and maintenance of an easily accessible knowledge base on the RSPO standard and its associated requirements (i.e HCV, compensation mechanism, New Planting Procedures, certification, etc).
Desired Skills and Experience
- BSc and/or MSc in the field of environmental science or management, agronomy or forestry or other related social sciences
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in palm oil business, socio-environment management or agricultural commodities certification scheme
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Good knowledge on palm oil industry/business, certification, and socio-environment management
- Excellent public communication and presentation skill
- Knowledge of Indonesian legal system pertaining to oil palm plantation operation, social and environmental requirements.
- Excellent writing and communication in Bahasa Indonesia and English.