The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) Complaints System is a fair, transparent, and impartial process to duly handle and address complaints against RSPO members. In resolving complaints, the Complaints Panel may appoint independent investigators or experts in any relevant field and consider their reports.
In supporting the Complaints Panel’s investigation(s), the RSPO Secretariat is now seeking an independent investigator/expert to conduct an independent investigation with respect to an active Complaint.
Interested individuals or consulting firms should meet the minimum requirements below:
- Proven track record in doing a similar study in the palm oil sector and/or agriculture industry.
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia – both written and spoken.
- No conflict of interest with the Respondent and the Complainants or members of the RSPO Secretariat.
- Sufficient knowledge in interpreting RSPO Key Documents.
- Ability to carry out an independent analysis of the data captured to meet the objectives in the Terms of Reference (ToR).
Interested parties are invited to submit their proposals, including the following information in their expressions of interest:
- A brief statement addressing the rationale for application based on the qualification required.
- An overall work plan with a time frame, including fee quote.
- Curriculum Vitae(s).
- Examples of similar or previous projects demonstrating the ability to undertake work of similar nature.
- Declaration of any potential conflicts of interest with the related parties.
- All documents submitted in response to this ToR must be written in English.
For more information, please refer to the ToR attached.
All applications must be emailed to [email protected] and copied to [email protected] by 5:30 PM WIB (UTC+7) on 31 December 2022 at the latest. Should you have any queries, please contact [email protected].
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and the appointment of the successful candidate will be done by the RSPO Secretariat in consultation with the Complaints Panel.